Friday, February 11, 2011

Adoption Weekend Feb 11-13 2011

There are so many animals in this world that are homeless and need a place to live.  Unfortunately, many of these beautiful soles may never find a place to call their own.  It is very very sad and absolutely breaks my heart that an animal that provides so much unconditional love has nobody to give it to.   In fact, I can't even understand that.  I adopted my Boston Terrier in August and every time I look at Lani I ask myself why I even waited so long.  She has brought such  joy to my life and she has been an amazing companion too.  In return, all she asks from me is for love.  ( oh she gets love, and treats, and animal massages, and toys every time we go to the store and well I can go on and on )  However, my point is the love she gives me is love that is so real and so genuine that I can't imagine not having her in my life.

Now for all of you thinking about adoption:  GOOD NEWS this is a great weekend for that.  PetSmart is hosting a National Adoption Weekend at all their PetSmart stores.   The three-day adoption event takes place Friday-Sunday, February 11-13, 2011 in all PetSmart stores. The goal is to find homes for more than 17,229 pets in need.  PetSmart will partner up with local rescues in your area to help homeless dogs find their forever homes!

I know, I know some of you are saying ..."Well I want a pure breed"  Did you know that 1 out of 4 rescue dogs are pure breed?  My Lani, is a pure breed Boston Terrier and my Lani, is a rescue !!  

If  you are unable to attend this event at PetSmart I recommend you go to 

www.petfinder.com  and start browsing ...you'll find him.  You will find the dog of your dreams, the perfect dog for you. 

My Lani, who I found on Petfinder came from a rescue called "Friends of Homeless Animals" based out of Rhode Island.  They are listed on Petfinder and specialize in Boston Terriers.   


Another rescue that is local to the Merrimack Valley based out of Bradford MA  is "One Tail at a Time" and they can be reached at http://www.onetailatatime.com/   

Now go save a life and ADOPT !!!

~Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment